Two-Ingredient Barbecue Baked Chicken

I needed something super quick for dinner tonight because I forgot to start my slow cooker dinner this morning, so I made this Two-Ingredient Barbecue Baked Chicken recipe.  It's SO easy!

My Hunny laughs at me because during summer, I ask him to barbecue chicken for me about three times a week.

I could eat his barbecued chicken thighs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  And I have!

But even though I live in Southern California, there was no way I could pull out the barbecue for this dinner - the El Nino storms have hit!  We have back-to-back storms going through right now, so for tonight, indoor cooking would have to do.

I'm a big fan of meals that require five ingredients or less, and this one does not disappoint.  It's so simple and is done in about 45 minutes, start-to-finish.

This is a perfect dinner to put in the oven, pop in an exercise DVD or maybe go for a walk, and then sit down to eat.  I paired it with brown rice, broccoli, and cauliflower.

Two-Ingredient Barbecue Baked Chicken


  • 1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs - 4 oz breast 
  • 1/4 C. Barbecue Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original) 

Preheat oven to 400.

Spray 8x8 or 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

For Thighs:  Open up thighs.  Season with salt and pepper, if using (I used seasoned salt and white pepper.)  Brush both sides of each thigh with barbecue sauce.



For Breasts:  Slice breasts in half lengthwise to make cutlets. I had two big breast halves that made four cutlets.  Follow same steps as for chicken thighs.




Place in oven and bake for 20 to 35 minutes, checking for doneness after 20 minutes or so.  Tonight, I didn't check 'til they were 30 minutes into cooking and they were done.  An instant read thermometer should read 165 degrees.

Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...